Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne




A good book will make you think. And this book has made me think about some very big issues around how we treat other people. It's always so easy to say it hapenned a long time ago, or it is happening a loong way away. I was surprised by how much the story hit me (again) and this time I knew what happened. A tough couple of chapters to get through today, most emotional chapters I've ever had to read aloud. Below are the last two paragraphs of the story ...

And that's the end of the story about Bruno and his family. Of course all this happened a long time ago and nothing like that could ever happen again.

Not in this day and age.


I would be very interested to know what you thought of the book. Post a comment.

2 comments:

  1. i am three quarters through the book and i think it is one of the best books that i have ever read! i have learn't alot from this book so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now finished the book and i have really enjoyed reading it!
    LM73NY

    ReplyDelete